The club awards bronze, silver, and gold medals to juniors (through 8th grade) based on accumulated points. Tournament play is 3 points, interclub matches are 2 points, and practice matches are 1 point. Players are encouraged to keep track of their tennis throughout the year. A scoring sheet is available at the front desk. Players whose yearly total is 20–35 points earn a bronze, those with 36–49 points get silver, and those who have 50+ points earn the gold. Point totals need to be handed in at the desk by early December.
On Friday, November 20, 7–9pm, come and try this very social group. The level is 2.5–4.0 men and women. Couples and singles are invited to play. Both members and guests are welcome. Please bring a snack to share after the three rounds of tennis. Sign up at the desk; cost is $18 per person. For more information, contact Peggy Moran.
The annual Junior Doubles Club Championship is a nonsanctioned doubles tournament for HVTC junior members. Events include Boys’ and Girls’ 16–18 and 12–14 divisions. The entry deadline is Tuesday, November 24; fee is $16 per player. Trophies will be awarded to finalists in events with six or more teams. Players must be available for weekend play. Ask the staff if you need help finding a partner.
- Friday, November 6, G14 and under tournament (novice), 7–9pm
- Friday, November 20 Adult Mixed Doubles Night, 7-9pm
- Friday, November 27 Junior “Bring a Friend to Tennis” Night, 7–9pm
- Monday, November 23 Junior Excellence makeup day, 4:30–6pm; please
register at the front desk.
- Monday–Sunday November 23–29, Junior Excellence classes, junior and adult
clinics (including Adult Super Excellence), and adult leagues do not meet.
- Thursday, November 26, Happy Thanksgiving! Club hours are 9 am–1 pm; special holiday court fees are $25 per hour.
- Friday–Sunday, November 27–29, Annual Junior Doubles Club Championship;
$16 per player
HVTC pro Don Campbell has scheduled age-specific two-hour tournaments on Friday nights throughout the year. On Friday, November 6, at 7pm there will be a novice-level tournament for girls 14 and under. This is a nonstop round robin tournament with pizza, prizes, and awards. Cost is $23. Please register at the front desk.