Do you play tennis for exercise, or do you exercise to play better tennis? Either answer is perfect for HVTC’s cardio tennis program. Cardio tennis is a low-impact drill session designed to get the heart rate up and the feet moving. It’s a one-hour class with lots of movement and occasional breaks. The two sessions are Monday 1:30–2:30pm and Thursday 2–3pm, and signup is weekly. The cost is $18 for members, $20 for nonmembers.
Congratulations to two of Huron Valley’s Adult USTA teams! The 6.5 women’s combo team, captained by Huda Fadel and Kelly Belcher, competed in district playoffs, as did the 8.5 women’s combo team, captained by Rosie Wright and Jan Palmer.
- Friday, February 5 Boys’ 10U tournament (green dot), 7–9pm
- Sunday, February 14 Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Friday, February 19 Mixed Doubles Night, 7–9pm
- Friday, February 26 Boys’ 14U tournament (advanced), 7-9pm
- Friday, March 4 Girls’ 18U tournament (open), 7-9pm
- Friday, March 11 Junior Excellence makeup day, 7-9pm – call the club to sign up.
- Monday, March 14 Junior Excellence session IV starts – please sign up at the desk.
Throw off those winter blankets and join us for mixed doubles on Friday, January 15. We play 7–9pm and then have a great time talking tennis and the weather. Please bring a snack to share and a beverage. The cost is $18 per player; sign up at the desk. Teams and individual players are welcome.
The pro shop’s holiday discount box has arrived. In the box there are cards for savings of 10%, 20%, or 30%! The rules are simple: Bring your purchase to the front desk and then draw a discount card. Discount also applies to sale merchandise. Special orders, stringing, balls, Prince T22 shoes, and racquets are excluded. Sale continues through December 31.