Our teaching staff will meet with the parents and players of the Young Players, Tournament Preparation, and Competitive Training groups to discuss various competitive opportunities for juniors. The meeting will include information about practice play, interclub matches, USTA teams, and tournaments. It will be held Friday, October 13, 7–8pm in the HVTC restaurant.
HVTC celebrates the hard work of all its captains with a dinner on Wednesday, October 11. If you are a team captain and haven’t reserved your place at the table, call the club before Monday, October 9. Our cook, Ronda, will once again be providing a fantastic meal.
The club’s pros encourage practice matches. Don Campbell recommends that all players practice by playing others at different levels. Take turns playing people who are at your level, above your level, and below your level. That way you learn to play in any situation.
Practice matches can be booked indoors before 4pm weekdays and after 2pm on Saturday. On Sunday there are courts available 6–7pm at $22 per hour. Courts can be reserved six days in advance. Talk to Don Campbell or any of our teaching pros to find a practice partner. Junior walk-on time (JWOT) is available any time for $22 per hour.
Call the club an hour before you want to play to find out if there is a court available. JWOT is available to junior members only.
- Friday, October 6 – B12 and under tournament (novice), 7–9pm
- Wednesday, October 11 – Captains’ Appreciation Dinner, 6pm
- Friday, October 13 – Junior tennis informational meeting, 7–8pm
- Monday, October 23 – First day of Junior Excellence session II
- Friday, October 27 – Junior Pizza Party, Halloween edition, 7–9pm
- Tuesday, October 31 – Happy Halloween!
- Friday, November 3 – G14 and under tournament (novice), 7–9pm
- The intraclub leagues start September 10 with the men’s Sunday night doubles at 7pm.
- The Tuesday men’s doubles league starts September 12 at 8:30pm.
- The Thursday men’s singles league starts September 14 at 9pm.
Substitute players are needed each week for members who are absent. Call the club the day of each league. Your name will be added to the list and the captain will call you if you are needed that evening. The list is created each week to ensure the availability of those applying as subs.