Our wonderful cook, Ronda, has added delicious new options to her menu. In the mood for Mexican? Try the soft beef tacos. A BLT wrap is just the thing for a hot summer’s day, and there are vegetarian options, too, like the hummus and feta wrap. The new menu takes effect June 16, so parents can nosh while junior players improve their game at summer camps. Restaurant hours are 10am-3:15pm Monday-Thursday, 10am-2:15pm Friday.
HVTC professionals have designed two intensive spring training camps. Both camps will prepare boys and girls in all age divisions for the SEMTA District Qualifier Tournament. Although the boys’ and girls’ tournaments are on separate weekends, pros encourage both boys and girls to enroll in the first camp, and all girls should register at least for the second week of the camp. Boys desiring extra training are also welcome to participate in the second week of the qualifier camp.
SEMTA Qualifier Training Camp Week 1 (Fee: $112 for four days or $31 per day)
- Sunday, May 24, 1–3 pm
- Monday, May 25, no practice (holiday)
- Tuesday–Thursday, May 26–28, 4–6 pm
- Thursday, May 28, 6–7 pm, Dinner Celebration
SEMTA Qualifier Training Camp Week 2 (Fee: $140 for five days or $31 per day)
- Sunday, May 31, 1–3 pm
- Monday–Thursday, June 1–4, 4–6 pm
- Thursday, June 4, 6–7 pm, Dinner Celebration
Beginning June 20, instructors will work with adult players to improve their strokes and competitive play. The league meets 11am-12:30pm on Saturday.
Sign up each week. Cost is $14 for members, $16 for nonmembers.
- Saturday, May 9 End of indoor season and seasonal court time
- Sunday, May 10 Outdoor season begins; indoor courts are $18/hr
- Monday, May 11 USTA summer leagues begin
- Wednesday, May 13 Women’s singles league begins, 9:30–11am
- Saturday, May 16 Saturday junior match play, 2–4pm
- Saturday, May 23 Saturday junior match play, 2–4pm
- Sunday, May 24 Last day of Junior Excellence session IV
- Sunday–Thursday, May 24–28 SEMTA Qualifier Camp 1
- Monday, May 25 Memorial Day: Club is open 8:30am–2pm
- Tuesday, May 26 Spring Junior Excellence session begins
- Friday, May 29 Junior Excellence makeup day, 7–8:30pm
- Sunday, May 31 Girls’ 12U mini-tournament, 10am-12:30pm – Girls’ 14U mini-tournament, 3-5:30pm
- Sunday–Thursday, May 31-June 4 SEMTA Qualifier Camp 2
The adult USTA summer league signup has started, and many of the teams are already full. If you are still interested in joining a team, please contact the front desk as soon as possible. Anne Snell, the USTA coordinator for HVTC, will try to place you on the proper team. Matches start in mid-May.