The annual Junior Doubles Club Championship is a non-sanctioned doubles tournament for HVTC junior members. Events include Boys’ and Girls’ 16–18 and 12–14 divisions. The entry deadline is Tuesday, November 21; fee is $16 per player. Format will be similar to our two-hour mini tournaments, with dates and times to be announced. Each will run 2-3 hours. Ask the staff if you need help finding a partner.
Thanksgiving week is a good time to set up a private lesson. With no groups meeting, there are extra courts available. Contact your favorite coach now to set one up. Pros have lesson times available, and parent-child court time is an option during the week before 4:30pm. Practice matches are also possible; ask the desk staff for more information on any of these opportunities. The club will be open 9am–1pm on Thanksgiving, and courts are offered at a special rate of $26 per hour. Come and enjoy a rigorous morning of tennis prior to settling in for your turkey dinner.
- Monday, November 20 Junior Excellence makeup day, 4:30–6pm; please
register at the front desk.
- Friday, November 24 Junior “Bring a Friend to Tennis” Night, 7–9pm
- November 20–26 (Monday–Sunday), Junior Excellence classes, junior and adult clinics (including Adult Super Excellence), and adult leagues do not meet.
- Thursday, November 23 Happy Thanksgiving! Club hours are 9am–1pm; holiday court fees are $26 per hour.
- November 24–26 (Friday–Sunday), Annual Junior Doubles Club Championship; $16 per player
- Friday, December 1 G12 and under tournament (novice), 7–9 pm, $23
- Monday, December 11 Junior Excellence makeup day, 4:30–6pm; please register at the front desk.
- Wednesday, December 13 Junior Awards Banquet (5pm free tennis, 6pm potluck) and tournament entry deadline
- December 15–19 (Friday–Tuesday) Annual Junior Singles Club Championship; $29 per person
The next session of Junior Excellence starts October 23. If you anticipate absences from the Junior Excellence classes, fees may be prorated if you ask at the desk for a blue Request to Prorate form and submit it during the first week of the session. Simply telling the desk personnel or the pros that a student will not attend will not trigger prorated fees.
For those absences that were not declared and prorated, we have Junior Excellence makeup days (no additional charge) scheduled for 4:30–6pm Monday, November 20, and Monday, December 11.
Our teaching staff will meet with the parents and players of the Young Players, Tournament Preparation, and Competitive Training groups to discuss various competitive opportunities for juniors. The meeting will include information about practice play, interclub matches, USTA teams, and tournaments. It will be held Friday, October 13, 7–8pm in the HVTC restaurant.