- Sunday, September 10 – Start of indoor season and first day of seasonal
court time; men’s leagues begin.
- Monday, September 11 – Start of Junior Excellence programs, adult clinics,
and cardio tennis (Monday 1:30-2:30pm)
- Friday, September 15 – Beginning of junior instructional clinics
- Friday, September 22 – B12 and under tournament (advanced), 7–9pm
- Friday, October 6 – B12 and under tournament (novice), 7–9pm
- Friday, October 13 – Junior tennis informational meeting, 7–8pm
- Friday, October 27 – Junior Pizza Party, Halloween edition, 7–9pm
Sunday, August 27, 10am–1pm • No Charge!
Join us for a morning of match play and instruction followed by lunch.
Space is limited, so registration is required. Sign up by August 25. adults only.
Thank you for choosing HVTC. We appreciate having you as a member!
HVTC is proud of the representation of its members at the 2017 Ann Arbor City Tournament. The tournament takes place over several weekends in June and July, and we applaud the volunteers who make it a success. Outstanding results in the doubles divisions include:
- Heather Cooper & Julie Ewy (7.0 Women’s Doubles Champions)
- Ruth Dunkle & Albie Silverman (7.0 Mixed Doubles Champions)
Seasonal court time gives members the convenience of playing on the same court each week without having to reserve it. Many members rotate 4–6 players depending on their availability. If you are trying to arrange a seasonal court time and need a player to fill in, contact the control desk for some possible leads. Seasonal court time begins Sunday, September 10. Please get your applications in as soon as possible (get the form here). Reservations for seasonal court time are commitments for the entire indoor season.
Men’s league renewals from last year’s participants are due now; men looking to join a league may drop off applications. More information is available at the front desk.
Congratulations to two of our junior teams, the Huron Valley Whirlwinds and the Huron Valley Storm!
Coach Jim Sayed’s 18 and under Whirlwinds went undefeated at SEMTA’s District Championships and advanced to the Midwest Sectional Championships in Indianapolis in July, where they took third place. Team members: Mauricio Barrera, Andrew Clarke, Bianca Ghita, Maya Mulchandani, Colleen O’Leary, Anvit Rao, Kurt Siefert, Cory Vitez, Benjamin Zhao, Jason Zheng, Alan Zhu.
The 14 and under Storm, coached by Naveed Iqball, took first place in SEMTA competition and also advanced to the Midwest Championships, where they finished fifth. Team members: Jack Archibald, Tianjian Bai, Sam Berkooz, Lee Fingar-Myers, Cynthia Liu, Annamaria Raftu, Igne Savickas, Michael Shi, Aidan Storey, Vincent Tremonti, Allie Zhang.