- Monday, November 20 Junior Excellence makeup day, 4:30–6pm; please
register at the front desk.
- Friday, November 24 Junior “Bring a Friend to Tennis” Night, 7–9pm
- November 20–26 (Monday–Sunday), Junior Excellence classes, junior and adult clinics (including Adult Super Excellence), and adult leagues do not meet.
- Thursday, November 23 Happy Thanksgiving! Club hours are 9am–1pm; holiday court fees are $26 per hour.
- November 24–26 (Friday–Sunday), Annual Junior Doubles Club Championship; $16 per player
- Friday, December 1 G12 and under tournament (novice), 7–9 pm, $23
- Monday, December 11 Junior Excellence makeup day, 4:30–6pm; please register at the front desk.
- Wednesday, December 13 Junior Awards Banquet (5pm free tennis, 6pm potluck) and tournament entry deadline
- December 15–19 (Friday–Tuesday) Annual Junior Singles Club Championship; $29 per person
The next session of Junior Excellence starts October 23. If you anticipate absences from the Junior Excellence classes, fees may be prorated if you ask at the desk for a blue Request to Prorate form and submit it during the first week of the session. Simply telling the desk personnel or the pros that a student will not attend will not trigger prorated fees.
For those absences that were not declared and prorated, we have Junior Excellence makeup days (no additional charge) scheduled for 4:30–6pm Monday, November 20, and Monday, December 11.
Our teaching staff will meet with the parents and players of the Young Players, Tournament Preparation, and Competitive Training groups to discuss various competitive opportunities for juniors. The meeting will include information about practice play, interclub matches, USTA teams, and tournaments. It will be held Friday, October 13, 7–8pm in the HVTC restaurant.
HVTC celebrates the hard work of all its captains with a dinner on Wednesday, October 11. If you are a team captain and haven’t reserved your place at the table, call the club before Monday, October 9. Our cook, Ronda, will once again be providing a fantastic meal.
The club’s pros encourage practice matches. Don Campbell recommends that all players practice by playing others at different levels. Take turns playing people who are at your level, above your level, and below your level. That way you learn to play in any situation.
Practice matches can be booked indoors before 4pm weekdays and after 2pm on Saturday. On Sunday there are courts available 6–7pm at $22 per hour. Courts can be reserved six days in advance. Talk to Don Campbell or any of our teaching pros to find a practice partner. Junior walk-on time (JWOT) is available any time for $22 per hour.
Call the club an hour before you want to play to find out if there is a court available. JWOT is available to junior members only.